Saturday, September 02, 2006

I Dream of a Day

When the world (and I) feel less threatened by the U.S. government than I do by terrorists. And I live in DC. I was at work 3 blocks from the US Capitol building on 9/11. I ride the metro to work and back daily. Is it possible I could be killed riding on that metro by a terrorist. Yup, sure it is. But is it more likely that thousands of innocent men, women and children will be killed by my government? Of course it is, it's already happening. Is it more likely that the men & women in uniform I see riding the metro will be killed serving the interests of King Bush & his morose men than I will by a terrorist? Of course it is, it's already happening.

So when we learn that the Miami, Florida terrorists - you remember them, they wanted to blow up the Sears tower back in May - weren't anywhere near being able to do anything but dream of destruction until the U.S. government in the form of the FBI helped them along with their plans, it makes my head spin.

Is our goal now to help out terrorists to the point of providing them with video cameras for surveillance, cellphones, and even suggesting a first target (Miami's FBI office in this case)? Then loudly arrest them so the administration can claim a victory on terrorism at home?

How many more young men and women will die in US military service in Iraq in support of this nonsense? And how many more men and women will look at what we're doing in Iraq and dream of taking up arms to stop the oppressor? Instead of sticking to the goal and staying in Afghanistan, Bush & crew continue to help create more terrorists in their brain-dead mission to eliminate them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter