Monday, August 14, 2006

How Well Do You Know the President?

You should check out The New Yorker's "Bush Quiz: The Twentieth Hundred Days" by Paul Slansky.

I'll share the first one with you. Check out Slansky's column to try and guess the rest.

1. Complete George W. Bush’s quote: “I believe that my job is _____.”

(a) to protect life. And sometimes people have to die in order to protect life, see? And that saddens me.

(b) hard. It’s a heckuva hard job. It’s difficult. But I’m doin’ it, see, and I’m gonna keep on doin’ it, because that’s the job of a President.

(c) to go out and explain to people what’s on my mind. That’s why I’m having this press conference, see? I’m telling you what’s on my mind. And what’s on my mind is winning the war on terror.

(d) to construe the laws I sign in a Presidential way. Because that’s part of being a leader, see, is construing with your gut.

I dont' know about you, but taking a stroll through Bush's world is one nightmare of a walk through zombie world in my book. And oh yeah, the answer to the first question is (c).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody remember Dan Quayle? Bush makes Quayle look smart.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. Natural said...

Taking a walk in Bush's world is exactly what we and the rest of what was once the garden planet have been forced to do for the last 6 years (not that Clinton was much of a Democrat re:NAFTA)...great blog, thanks for stopping by!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter