Sunday, March 18, 2007

Good March

It was very very cold yesterday, but the sun was shining. About 20-30,000 people is the number I've been hearing. As many as 60 buses full of people didn't make it in because of the storm. So who knows how much larger it would have been.

But it was certainly a tremendous opportunity to raise a voice of protest against the illegal and immoral war. I didn't get close enough to hear any of the speakers, but I enjoyed the group. Somebody was carrying a huge sign that asked "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" which was a great addition. There were lots of paper machier heads, more common to 21st century protests than to 20th. Some great "Know Your Enemy" signs with Bush's face on them. And of course the truth that a great chant is never out of style -- because a People United Will Never be Defeated!

4 Comments:

Blogger moville said...

What about the alleged plot to deface the Vietnam Veterans' memorial? Were there any freedom-hating lefties with scrape implements and spray paint in your part of the demonstration? Is the statue of the three soldiers still standing this morning? the flag still flying?!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, apparently the memorial & freedom hating lefties were busy marching for peace.

3:18 PM  
Blogger TomCat said...

I never cease to be amazed by the extent of the lies the rabid right will tell to get their 28 percenters to show up for something. I know enough about the people organizing the protest yo be sure that degacing the memorial with baloon bombs containing paint and urine was never on the agenda.

Way to go, LP!! :-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sad that all that wanted to participate couldn't :( I had no idea it was that many. I was worried when I hear about the weather Friday.

thank you for your writeup, I really appreciate first hand accounts.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter