Sunday, January 06, 2008

An American Marine Talks About PTSD

Also from today's WaPo, Tom Rick's inbox (always insightful information into the lives and minds of our troops) has an article from the January issue of the Marine Corps Gazette. Staff Sgt. Travis Twiggs bravely discusses his PTSD - after one tour in Afghanistan and two in Iraq.

When I arrived back in the States, it was as though I had never left. All of my symptoms were back, and now I was in the process of destroying my family. That was all taking place because I did not understand what was happening to me. . . .

Well, I ended up back in Bethesda [National Naval Medical Center], and this time I was in a locked ward where I would remain for two weeks. At Bethesda I was not exactly a model patient. I was experiencing psychosis where I would fight my way through the hallways and clear rooms as if I were back in theater. The hospital police would have to be called in to secure me. . . .

Sgt Twiggs' experiences remind us of the continual damage done to our men and women in the service by the insane and illegal Bush/Cheney administration.

1 Comments:

Blogger buckarooskidoo said...

That is a major reason why they should be impeached--the deaths, terrible injuries and destruction they willingly brought down on all the unfortunates in this misadventure. NONE of the candidates condemns this in nearly strong enough terms.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter