Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Want My Vote Back

In the 1984 Presidential election, I voted for Walter Mondale over Ronald Reagan. Mondale's running mate was Geraldine Ferraro. I was happy to vote for her at the time, proud to have a woman on the ticket.

I want that vote back.

Ferraro is helping the Clinton campaign, great, we all get to choose who we support. But how we each show that support is important. And Ferraro has let me down, not because we differ in candidates, I always support people's right to choose candidate for themselves. But because of her remarks that Obama's success this campaign is because he's Black. I'm sorry, but this campaign, a vibrant young white guy spouting the cause of hope and change would have put Hillary's campaign into the dirt by now.

And the last thing the Clinton campaign needs is someone questioning how a candidate got there - would an Arkansas lawyer have become a NY Senator & presidential candidate if she hadn't been married to a president?

The hypocrisy is getting pretty deep in the woods these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Natural said...

Notice how everyone around Hillary is wearing boots? There's a reason for that...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Karlo said...

I also that the Ferraro comment was assinine.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter