Saturday, April 22, 2006

Are you a planet pig?

In keeping with Earth Day today, everyone should drop in at www.myfootprint.org and take the quiz to determine how large your environmental footprint is, i.e. how much of the world's resources you are consuming(or overconsuming). The quiz is not for the faint of heart--my own footprint turned out to resemble that of a T-Rex, stratospherically gigantic--but they don't tell you to go drown yourself in the unrecycled trash. You get some great ideas on how to be a better citizen of the planet, so it only smarts for a minute or two. So get into overconsumption rehab already!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My total footprint is 17. Not sure how that compares to the T-rex, but I'm sure it's not great. I'm saved by the fact I don't own a car, I think. The average in the US is 24.

The best stat is where it states that if everyone lived like I do, we would need 3.9 planets.

The thing is, China & India are fast on my heels, and the US isn't doing much to cut back. I'm having a depressing Earth Day.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for posting this link. It's great. My total footprint was 19, which is better than the US average but still shows room for improvement.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter