Thursday, October 04, 2007

How Jaded Am I?

Enough so that none of the following raised even an eyebrow of surprise on my face:

Larry Craig says he'll stay in office after saying he'd leave after his arrest became public.
"Shortly after a state judge denied his request to withdraw the August plea admitting to disorderly conduct, Mr. Craig said he had reversed his previously announced decision to leave the Senate if he could not get the plea thrown out and would instead serve out his third term, which expires at the end of 2008. He said he would not run for a fourth. “When my term has expired, I will retire and not seek re-election,” said Mr. Craig, who was accused of soliciting sex from an undercover police officer in the bathroom of the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport in early June. “I hope this provides the certainty Idaho needs and deserves.”

Bush vetoes child health care bill, sending Republicans in Congress scurrying to figure out either how to get elected with that on their shoulders or stand up to Bush.

Bush's folks deny that the secret legal opinion allowing torture techniques to be used on CIA terrorism suspects violated government decrees against torture.

Is there anything this administration or idiot Congressfolk can do anymore that surprises?

I know, how about standing up for what the majority of Americans want. What Congress heard loud and clear in the 2006 elections. Stop the war and get the heck out of Iraq. THAT would surprise.

2 Comments:

Blogger moville said...

I'm not holding my breath...I think we are living in an anti-world in this country at the moment.

12:34 PM  
Blogger TomCat said...

Sadly, so would I. :-(

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter