Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Witless WIsdom of Rumsfeld

Is Rummy actually stupider than Bush? Is it actually possible? You be the judge.

Rummy on Bin Laden:
"We do know of certain knowledge that he is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead." (well you can't quibble with THAT, can you).

on Afghanistan:
"It's an enormous country. You know, it's bigger than Texas. Or, as big, I guess. I haven't looked lately. But it is a very big place." (maybe we can drop him by parachute (if we must) over Afghanistan to check out the geography. Or maybe we could just assume that the Secy of Defense has seen a map.)

on War (and probably why he never served):
"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

on Knowledge (or lack of knowledge? it's hard to tell):
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

on being a big picture kinda guy:
"I'm not into this detail stuff. I'm more concepty."
"I don't do quagmires."
"I don't do diplomacy."
"I don't do foreign policy."
"I don't do predictions."
"I don't do numbers."
Not certain, but maybe that means he does do windows. We'll need to check on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter