Sunday, January 01, 2006

Freakiest Thing Heard All Day

First, contrats to 'skins for making the playoffs for the first time since 1999. We love you Joe Gibbs.

But I gotta say, listening to football all day long in the last week of regular season, there's one freaky thing that keeps coming up. I usually listen to the games out of the corner of my ear while doing other things. So I keep hearing bits of sentences like:

...so they'll have the best chance to have Bush
...everyone is going to want Bush
...They're doing to do all they can to secure Bush

Each time, I've had to pause for a moment and say, "say wha?" before I realize, "oh yeah, they're all talking about USC running back Reggie Bush" - he may be turning pro after the Rose Bowl and apparently a feather in the cap of Houston or San Fran or another of the bottom dwealing teams.

Still, constant Bush praising has been very strange to hear. It reinforces the fact that you just don't hear people praising the pres anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







Free Web Counter
hit Counter